MyLotto Text Service Terms and Conditions
- The MyLotto text service (“Service”) enables allows MyLotto Players to purchase a pre-selected Ticket by responding to a
reminder text from Lotto NZ.
- These Terms and Conditions govern access to and describe the scope of the Service.
- In order to apply for the Service, you must read these Terms and Conditions carefully and agree that you will be bound by them.
- These Terms and Conditions should be read in conjunction with the MyLotto Terms and Conditions. The MyLotto Terms and Conditions will
apply, to the extent relevant, to the Service.
- Words and terms used in these Terms and Conditions are to be read either as defined in these Terms and Conditions or as defined in the MyLotto
Terms and Conditions.
Registration and Eligibility
- Players who wish to use the Service must register on the MyLotto website. In the registration process the Player must make selections to
- the thresholds for when Lotto NZ will send a reminder text message ("Reminder"); and
- the nature of the Ticket that the Player wishes to purchase, including the number selections, dip selections, jackpot amount, name of
- To be eligible for the Service, Players must;
- be a registered MyLotto Player;
- have a valid credit card registered for MyLotto account top-ups;
- have a device capable of receiving and sending text messages through a New Zealand mobile telephone number; and
- agree to these Terms and Conditions.
Scope of the Service
- Lotto NZ will send a Reminder to a Player on the day of each Lotto draw (Wednesday and Saturday) if the jackpot has met or exceeded the
Player's selected threshold for reminders.
- Reminders may not be sent if:
- the Player has set a self-imposed exclusion period;
- the Player’s Account or Player Funds is suspended;
- the Player’s Player Funds spending limits have been or will be exceeded;
- the Player Funds weekly top-up limit has been or will be exceeded ;
- the Powerball jackpot is below the Player’s set threshold for Reminders; or
- the Player has made changes that are not yet fully registered in our systems.
- Additional text messages relating to the Service may be sent, including messages:
- Confirming registration or verification codes;
- Confirming the successful purchase of a Ticket;
- Advising that a purchase has been unsuccessful;
- Confirming that a Player’s opt out request has been received and processed; and
- Reminding a Player to check the draw results
- Players may reply to a Reminder by sending a text message response with the word "YES" to initiate a Ticket purchase on the basis of the
Player's selected Preferences ("Purchase Request").
- The Purchase Request will only be processed if it is received prior to draw close on the day that the Reminder is sent.
- A Purchase Request does not guarantee a Ticket purchase. A Ticket purchase is only accepted when a Ticket Number is generated and Lotto
NZ communicates this by receipt of a Ticket Number in the Player's Account.
- Once a Purchase Request has been sent there is no ability to cancel that Purchase Request.
- The Ticket will be purchased with funds from the Player Funds.
- If there are insufficient funds in the Player Funds, the Player Funds will be automatically topped-up from the Player’s registered credit card.
Notwithstanding clause 89 of the MyLotto Terms and Conditions, a minimum top-up of $4 applies to any automatic top up of the Player Funds which is
triggered by a Purchase Request under the Service.
- Only one Purchase Request can be placed for each Reminder sent. Multiple "YES" replies will not result in the purchase of any more than one
- Players can manage their Preferences through the MyLotto website.
- The registered MyLotto mobile number will be used as the Player’s contact number for the Service. Updating the contact number in MyLotto will
stop this Service, and the player will need to re-start it by re-creating their Service details.
- Players can unsubscribe from the Service via the MyLotto website or by replying STOP to a Reminder ("STOP Message").
- Lotto NZ may take up to 5 working days to update all systems from the time a change is made to either the Service, Preferences or to
the Ticket. Specifically, if a Player changes any aspect of the Service (Ticket selection, mobile telephone number, jackpot amount, name
of the favourite ticket, etc.) on the day of the draw, a Ticket purchase will not be possible in that day's draw. Except that, if a Player only
changes the number of lines or selection of numbers in the Player’s Ticket in MyLotto website on the day of the draw, in that instance, the updated Ticket
will be purchased rather than the Ticket specified in the Reminder.
- Lotto NZ will pay reasonable text message costs associated with the Service.
- Reasonable costs include the Reminder, the first Purchase Request, any additional text messages from Lotto NZ and any STOP Message.
- If multiple Purchase Request texts are received in response to a single Reminder, this may be deemed unreasonable at Lotto NZ’s discretion
and Lotto NZ reserves the right to stop the Service to that player. The Player may be charged the reasonable costs of additional responses.
Termination of the Service by Lotto NZ
- Lotto NZ reserves the right to stop the Service to all or any Players at any time. Lotto NZ will make best efforts to inform Players of the
decision to terminate the Service.
- The Player is responsible and liable for any Purchase Request coming from the mobile telephone number registered on their MyLotto
account. Lotto NZ is not liable if another person responds with a Purchase Request from the registered mobile number.
- Lotto NZ accepts no responsibility for misdirected, late, incorrect or inaccurate texts or for any other human error, technical malfunction, or
any failure of any telephone network software or equipment.
- Lotto NZ accepts no liability for the misuse or illegal use of a mobile telephone number while using the Service. Lotto NZ does not endorse or
encourage the use of mobile devices in illegal or dangerous situations.
Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act
- Registration for the Service will be deemed to be consent to receive electronic messages for the purpose of the Unsolicited Electronic Messages
Act 2007 (the "Act").
- Players who register for the Service agree to waive the requirement in section 11 of the Act which requires commercial electronic messages to
contain a functional unsubscribe facility.
policies/privacy-policy/. You have the right to request access to and correction of your personal information (where such information is readily
retrievable) by contacting Lotto NZ.
- Player information is only shared with third parties used to provide the Service and will not be used for any other purpose than providing this
Service or communicating with you about the Service.
- These terms are governed by and construed in accordance with New Zealand law.