The Winning Experience
Congratulations if you're a winner!
Winning a major lottery prize can be the thrill of a lifetime. but first, you need to claim your prize - here's everything you need to know.
Prizes of $1,000 and under
- You can collect your prize from any Lotto outlet – simply hand over your ticket and listen for the winning music!
- Your prize will be paid in cash or by cheque.
- If you're a MyLotto winner, your MyLotto account will automatically be credited with your winnings.
Prizes of over $1,000
- Prizes of more than $1,000 may be claimed by handing over the ticket and filling out at prize claim form at any Lotto outlet, or at our head office, located at
73 Remuera Road, Newmarket, Auckland 1150.
- You will need to hand over your winning ticket and make sure you have your bank account details so we can pay your winnings to you.
- If you are a MyLotto winner, you will receive a message that prompts you to fill out an online prize claim form and tells you what to do next.
- Please note: Lotto NZ keeps all winning tickets.
- Prizes must be claimed within 12 months of the draw date on the ticket or for Instant Kiwi tickets within 12 months of the close of that game. A list of closed games is available at all Lotto outlets or mylotto.co.nz/instant-kiwi.
Information for major winners
Have you ever imagined how it would feel to be a big Lotto New Zealand winner? Well, for those lucky players whose dream becomes a reality, we have some tips. Our winners guide provides sound, easy-to-understand advice on how to deal with an unexpected windfall – both in the short term and long term.
If you're in any doubt about what you should do, please call us on 0800 695 6886. We’re here to help you through this amazing experience. We welcome our big winners to claim in person at our Auckland offices – we already have the champagne on ice!